Monday, May 31, 2010

Honeyman Nurseries "Next Generation"

Honeyman Nursery & Landscaping has started a kids club called Honeyman Nurseries “Next Generation”. We have found over the years that kids are not aware of where & how vegetables get to their dinner table, besides their parents shopping for them at a local grocery store. I was lucky little girl being raised on a farm south of town (Elliott’s Hilltop Acres Farm) my mom would take our small animals to school when my older brothers & sisters were in school, when I started 1st grade in 1964 the school decided to make an annual field trip to the farm and to this date all Siuslaw 1st graders goes to the Elliott Farm in the spring. I wanted to be able to provide kids with some of the same experiences that my parents gave me, teaching me the differences between fruit & vegetables, but also these kids will be the “Next Generation” of shoppers at Honeyman Nursery. At the nursery we will be offering monthly events for the kids 17 & under, on June 12th 10am to 12 noon bring in you Fathers or Grandfathers old boot, shoe or glove and pot it up for them as a present that they will remember for a long time cost is $5.00. Jennifer has also started a habitat for our Praying Mantis eggs to hatch, also see our frogs from egg to tadpole to growing their legs & leaping around the nursery. July 10th 10am will be bug day; you can bring in your own favorite bug or just come and learn about some of the bugs around your yard or garden. 85089 hwy 101s. 541-997-8522 or www.honeymannursery.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment